- Pinch points, cut points, and crush points exist within close reach of the operator’s cab.
- Lift arms raise and lower the loader bucket near the operator’s cab.
- The loader bucket is mounted in front of the operator and can be rolled forward or tilted back within inches of the operator.
- Control levers, pedals, and a parking brake are arranged in the compact operator’s cab.
- It is easy to bump the various controls well in the operator’s cab.
- Workers have been crushed between lift arms and the skid loader
- Loader buckets have dropped onto workers
- Loader buckets have rolled back and crushed a worker’s legs
- Operators need to be very aware of personnel and job site hazards