Safety for job-site hazards – Be aware of bystanders and fellow workers:
Operating or traveling on public roads-
- Only when absolutely necessary.
- Must have proper lighting and marking to assure visibility.
- Additional light beacons, slow moving vehicle (SMV) emblem or other devices may require installation.
- Keep warning devices clean and in working condition.
- Move equipment at off-peak hours, but in daylight when possible.
- Use escort vehicle when possible.
- Keep loads and loader bucket low.
Stay alert for traffic and roadside obstacles.
- Do not work near overhead utility lines
- Use barricades or signal person to keep vehicles or pedestrians away
- Use the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Consider travel path conditions
- Steep terrain
- Soft soil
- Loose gravel
- Uneven ground transitions