- Stay alert for unusual activity, especially along local waterways or port access routes
- Have crew check vessel before and after all trips for anything suspicious
- Lock pilot house and cabin when not in use
- If security threat is received , notify the Local Authorities or Federal Authorities
- Establish a silent alarm system between vessels and owners for use in the event of a hijacking
Observe and avoid all security zones, including…
Do not stop or anchor beneath bridges or in the channel.
- Fishermen, I know these are some of your favorite places. But the fact remains that bridges are extremely vulnerable to attack as are military and other non-recreational craft. Therefore, these areas are considered off-limits for security reasons.
- If you do stop or anchor beneath a bridge or in the channel, then expect to be boarded by law enforcement officials!