SITUATION REPORT FORMAT
- What do we consider “acting in a suspicious manner”?…
- Suspicious persons conducting unusual activities, especially near bridges or high security areas on or near the water.
- Individuals establishing roadside stands near marinas or other waterfront facilities, especially if they do not seem to know the area well or are not pre-occupied with the business of selling their merchandise.
- Unknown persons photographing or creating diagrams of such things as the underside of bridges, the area around nuclear power plants, and waterfront facilities near what might be high-risk vessels.
- Unknown or suspicious persons loitering for extended periods of time in waterfront areas, especially if they do not seem to know the area well or ask an unusual number of questions about the area.
- Suspicious persons renting or attempting to procure or “borrow” watercraft.
- Suspicious venders attempting to sell/deliver merchandise or drop off packages in waterfront areas.
- We ask that you do not approach or challenge those acting in a suspicious manner. Instead, contact local law enforcement immediately.
- Name, address and phone number
- Time of activity
- Location of activity (latitude/longitude, GPS coordinates or platform #)
- Incident Description: Describe the suspicious / unusual activity with a description of the suspect vessel or person