Scissor Lifts Preventing Falls
How can you prevent falls?
- Stand firmly on the floor of the bucket or lift platform
- Do not climb on or lean over guardrails or handrails
- Do not use planks, ladders, or other devices as a working position
- Use a body harness or a restraining belt with a lanyard attached to the boom or bucket
- Do not belt-off to adjacent structures or poles while in the bucket
- Use the proper Anchorage Connectors (A) – Commonly referred to as a tie-off point (e.g. Anchor Point on the Lift)
- Use Anchorage Connector – Use to join connecting device to the anchorage (e.g. connector on the Lanyard)
- Wear Body Wear (B) – The PPE worn by the worker (e.g. full-body harness)
- Use Connecting Devices (C) – The critical link which joins the Body Wear to the Anchorage Connector (e.g. shock-absorbing lanyard or self retracting lifeline)
- While in lift never tie off to any adjacent structures or equipment
- No modifications with out manufacturer’s approval and tabulated data from a P.E.
- Learn and practice the principles of safe machine operation contained in the operator’s manual
- Keep unit clear of clutter and other trip hazards