Needle beam scaffolds.
(1) Scaffold support beams shall be installed on edge.
(2) Ropes or hangers shall be used for supports, except that one end of a needle beam scaffold may be supported by a permanent structural member.
(3) The ropes shall be securely attached to the needle beams.
(4) The support connection shall be arranged so as to prevent the needle beam from rolling or becoming displaced.
(5) Platform units shall be securely attached to the needle beams by bolts or equivalent means. Cleats and overhang are not considered to be adequate means of attachment.