Ladder jack scaffolds
(1) Platforms shall not exceed a height of 20 feet (6.1 m).
(2) All ladders used to support ladder jack scaffolds shall meet the requirements of subpart X of this part – Stairways and Ladders, except that job-made ladders shall not be used to support ladder jack scaffolds.
(3) The ladder jack shall be so designed and constructed that it will bear on the side rails and ladder rungs or on the ladder rungs alone. If bearing on rungs only, the bearing area shall include a length of at least 10 inches (25.4 cm) on each rung.
(4) Ladders used to support ladder jacks shall be placed, fastened, or equipped with devices to prevent slipping.
(5) Scaffold platforms shall not be bridged one to another.