Landing Zone Requirements
- 100 feet x 100 feet
- Slope no greater than 8 degrees
- Clear of overhead obstacles (power-lines, trees, telephone lines)
- Free of debris and people
- Landing Zone should be secured using trained personnel
- If the Landing zone is dirt, it is helpful to dampen it to prevent “Brown-Out”
Safety on LZ:
- NO SMOKING !
- NO LIGHTS SHINED TOWARD THE COCKPIT !
- Remove all loose items before approaching, i.e. Hats.
- Someone should oversee landing zone security prior to arrival and until departure