- Ensures system is working as it should
- MOC system should be constantly evolving and improving in efficiency and effectiveness
- Verifies changes are assessed accurately
- More often while the system is new to ensure all the “bugs” are found
- Audits are used to ensure that the MOC system is working as effectively as possible. No matter how good a system is, there is always room for improvement, and audits are a way of continuously improving the management of change program.
- The audits determine whether all changes are assessed for their impact on safety and whether the documentation of the change is accurate and complete.
- Annual audits of the MOC system tend to be the norm in industry. However, if a MOC system is new then more frequent audits should be performed during the initial stages to ensure all the “bugs” are found.