Do not use a Wrench…..
- Do not use push on a wrench – losing your balance is more likely if the wrench slips.
- Do not use a wrench that is bent handle or damaged.
- Do not use worn adjustable wrenches. Inspect the knurl, jaw, and pin for wear.
- Do not pull on an adjustable wrench that is loosely adjusted.
- Do not use pipe wrenches on nuts or bolts.
- Do not use pipe wrenches for lifting or bending pipes.
- Do not use a wrench on moving machinery.
- Do not use the wrong tools for the job. Never use pliers instead of a wrench or a wrench as a hammer.
- Do not use a make-shift wrench.
- Do not insert a shim in a wrench for a better fit.
- Do not strike a wrench (except a “strike face” wrench) with a hammer, or similar object, to gain more force.