While doing your inspections on your power tools keep these tips in mind:
- Use properly sized fittings and parts for the power tools.
- Keep tool cutting edges sharp and clean.
- Remove the adjustment keys and tools before operating the power tool.
- Check that power cords are intact (no nicks, frays, or kinks) to prevent shock and fire hazards.
- Always use safety guards and control switches to prevent accidental contact and activation. Failure to use all safety guards and devices can result in serious injury and substantial financial liability for employers.
- Remove damaged tools from use until they can be repaired or replaced.
Using a power tool can make your work go more smoothly and easily. With good training, proper maintenance, and safe work habits, power tools boost work efficiency while maintaining worker safety.